[peeragogy-handbook] Peeragogy Project community guidelines (1 Dec. 2020)

Joe Corneli joseph.corneli at hyperreal.enterprises
Tue Dec 1 11:51:56 UTC 2020

1. We want to be a welcoming place for a diverse group of people
from different backgrounds, genders, countries, cultures,
beliefs, and additional traits.

2. Newcomers should be easily able to jump into the project and
start contributing using tools and methods that are familiar to
them.

3. We aim for our contributions to make it easier for others to
access and contribute, rather than more difficult!

4. Ask: “How am I learning from this interaction?”

5. Try to organize your contributions into clear and
comprehensible text, or whatever format is relevant to the issue
you’re commenting on.

6. If someone says or does something confusing, assume good faith
- it is usually warranted! - and acknowledge the state of
confusion. Ask questions that can improve everyone’s
understanding.

7. It is not necessary for everyone to be part of every
conversation: open side channels as appropriate, and report back
when that’s useful. Keep in mind that not everyone is going to
have time to learn everything or dive into everything at a deep
level.

8. ‘Challenging’ is OK, but personal attacks are not OK. Attacks
make it harder to learn anything. Remember the other person is a
living being with feelings.

9. All contributors to the Handbook will need to sign the ​CC Zero
Waiver, read the Style Guide, and embrace these guidelines.

LINKS
https://peeragogy.org/license.html
https://github.com/Peeragogy/peeragogy-handbook/wiki/Style-Guide
https://bit.ly/3odcnIq — editable version of the guidelines

--
Dr Joseph A. Corneli (https://github.com/holtzermann17)

HYPERREAL ENTERPRISES LTD is a private company limited by shares, incorporated
25th, June 2019 as Company Number 634284 on the Register of Companies for
Scotland (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC634284).